IUI and IVF Support
With gentle support...
...you can have a baby
For a couple striving to begin a family, failure to conceive, recurrent miscarriage or a diagnosis of infertility can be devastating; wearing down the body, mind and spirit of both partners.
Acupuncture can increase your chances of becoming pregnant and having a baby in the following ways:
- Regulate hormones (FSH, progesterone, estrogen, etc) and menstrual phases
- Improve the function of the ovaries to produce follicles with higher quality eggs
- Increase blood flow to the uterus and increase the uterine lining to facilitate implantation
- Resolve unexplained infertility, recurrent miscarriages, irregular menses, PCOS, endometriosis
- Improve sperm volume, count, motility and morphology
- Strengthen the immune system to decrease likelihood of miscarriage
- Diminish side effects of fertility medication, improving compliance and efficacy
- Increase relaxation before and after IUI/IVF transfer to prevent uterine contraction and improve chances of implantation
- Increase your chances of success with IUI or IVF cycles
- Help women of "advanced maternal age" conceive and carry to term
- Improve quality of semen and eggs, thereby improving health of the embryo and reducing risk of miscarriage
So if you’ve suffered from recurrent miscarriage, contemplating ART, are undergoing an IUI or IVF cycle, have already had unsuccessful IUI or IVF cycles, or are simply looking for support to conceive naturally, we can help.
Whether in conjunction with Assisted Reproductive Technology or by itself, Acupuncture can significantly enhance fertility if your issues are any of the following:
Unexplained causes Poor sperm quality (low count, motility, and/or morphology) Recurrent miscarriage Poor response to fertility medication Amenorrhea (no menses) Endometriosis Irregular and Anovulatory Menstrual Cycles Luteal Phase Defect (LPD) Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) Premature Ovarian Failure (POF) Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Stress Poor Egg Quality Thin and Unresponsive Endometrium (uterine lining) Cervical / Uterine Factors Immunological Factors
The good news is that the body yearns to reproduce - it is a biological priority, immediately following survival. Although Western medicine may often label infertility or recurrent miscarriage as "unexplained," Chinese Medicine can often "explain" it and treat it. Acupuncture has been used to treat both female and male infertility, as well as support pregnancy to full term, for thousands of years by encouraging the body to do what it wants to do naturally. Regardless of the method of impregnation, or the imbalance/pathology involved (with the exception of structural blockage or a complete lack of eggs ), Acupuncture can significantly improve the chances of conception, natural or assisted.
Our approach to helping you conceive is a holistic one, looking at all aspects of your and your partner’s health and wellbeing. Based on advanced post-graduate training and a multi-faceted treatment combining acupuncture, Chinese herbs, supplements, nutrition & lifestyle recommendations we will help you conceive in the most timely, natural, least invasive, and cost-effective way possible.
In the past several years, Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture have been recognized to appreciably impact ART pregnancy outcomes. Both ongoing clinical trial data and recent meta-analysis show a statistically significant improvement in IVF pregnancy rate with acupuncture treatment. (BMJ 2008;336:545-549 (8 March), doi:10.1136/bmj.39471.430451.BE (published 7 February 2008 - "Effects of acupuncture on rates of pregnancy and live birth among women undergoing in vitro fertilisation: systematic review and meta-analysis").
Regardless of what diagnosis or label has been given to you, our approach is to treat the whole of you - restoring health, balance and well-being.
With some gentle encouragement, your dream of conceiving and having a baby can come true.
Major Health Insurances Accepted
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss your specific needs, please contact Bella at 410-916-2292